In the hot summer, umbrellas are selling well on the market. Ask an expert to interpret the difference between a sunny umbrella and a traditional umbrella? What is the principle? Will it affect the UV protection function of the umbrella after using it on rainy days? What are the domestic standards for umbrellas? What are the common quality problems? How do consumers buy umbrellas? In order to improve the quality of umbrellas, what suggestions do you have for manufacturers?
At present, there are 4 standards related to umbrellas in my country, two are national standards, and two are light industry standards, namely GB/T 23147—2008 “Sun Umbrella”, GB/T 23103—2008 “Sun Umbrella”, QB/ T 4151-2010 “Craft Umbrella”, QB/T 4152-2010 “Plastic Umbrella”. Among them, sun umbrellas refer to umbrellas that are fixed for use in different places; craft umbrellas refer to umbrellas used for viewing, performance or decoration, usually not used in daily life; plastic umbrellas refer to umbrellas made of plastic on the surface of the umbrella, generally used as rain protection Windproof; sunny umbrellas are umbrellas that are used to shade rain on rainy days and sunshade on sunny days. The sunny umbrellas are the most commonly used by ordinary people in their daily lives.
The main function of the umbrella is wind and rain protection, while the main function of the sun umbrella is sun protection and UV protection. Sun umbrellas with sun protection function are both parasols and umbrellas. Generally, the choice of umbrella surface material is mainly to consider water resistance, while the material of sun umbrella surface mainly considers anti-ultraviolet rays, and sunny umbrellas need to take both into account. The general quality assessment indicators for ordinary umbrellas include rainproof performance of the umbrella surface, color fastness of the umbrella surface to water, wind resistance of the umbrella shaft and ribs, and the performance of the switch. If it is a sun umbrella or an anti-ultraviolet sun umbrella, the anti-ultraviolet performance should also be assessed. The UPF (ultraviolet protection factor value) of the umbrella surface is required to be> 40, and the UVA (long wave ultraviolet) transmittance is less than 5%.
At present, the quality of umbrella products on the market is uneven and mixed. From the inspection results, the main quality problems are: exaggerated anti-ultraviolet function, the coating is easy to degumming soon after use, the metal fittings are easy to corrode, and the umbrella ribs do not reach the corresponding wind resistance level. Of course, it is not that the higher the price, the better. Generally, the quality of products produced by large enterprises is relatively better. As many umbrella factories do not directly produce fabrics and various accessories, they purchase various raw materials and then process and assemble them. Therefore, companies control the quality of incoming raw materials and select umbrella surfaces, umbrella bone materials and other materials according to standard requirements. Related accessories are particularly important.
Precautions for purchase
1. When choosing the umbrella surface, such as umbrella with obvious sparse umbrella surface, its anti-ultraviolet performance is generally poor, and the anti-ultraviolet performance of the fabric with compact structure or silver glue coating is generally better.
2. Sunscreen umbrellas are mostly coated with a layer of silver glue on the umbrella surface, so that it can reflect and block some direct ultraviolet rays. But the quality of silver glue is good or bad, and good quality sunscreen umbrella silver glue is not easy to fall off. If the inner side of the umbrella is coated with a white or silver coating, the ultraviolet rays reflected from the ground to the inner side of the umbrella will be reflected and concentrated on the face to reduce the sun protection effect. Therefore, products with dark coatings such as black on the inner side will have a better sun protection effect. it is good.
3. The color, structure and raw material of the fabric are related to the UV protection performance. Under the same conditions, the darker the fabric, the better the anti-ultraviolet performance. From the organizational structure, the anti-ultraviolet performance of satin fabric is the best, followed by twill and plain weave. In terms of raw materials, polyester fabrics have better UV resistance than cotton, silk, nylon, and viscose.
4. When purchasing, pay attention that the accessible parts should not have acute angles, quick mouths, and burrs that can harm the human body. For children’s umbrellas, check that the ribs extend into the bead tail not less than 15mm.
5. According to national standards, UV protection products must be clearly stated. Consumers should carefully check the protection level identification when purchasing, that is, UPF>40 and UVA transmittance <5%. When the UPF is greater than 50, the protection level identification It is “UPF 50+”. Usually the logo will be sewn in the umbrella on the inner side of the frame, or it will be marked on the price tag of anti-ultraviolet.